Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Luscious Lemon Baked Risotto

"Rice is born in water, and must die in wine" 
-Italian Proverb

If you are a Risotto lover as I am, you will absolutely LOVE this recipe!! I did.  I enjoy making different kinds of risotto but sometimes shy away from making it for lack of time.  Normal risotto takes time and attention.  This one doesn't, I promise.  I stumbled upon it and had to try it, and was pleasantly surprised at how creamy and rich the taste yet no effort AT ALL involved.  Be creative with it, I added the lemon to go along with a veal dish I was preparing as well. Go with whatever your heart desires!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups of Arborio rice
4 1/2 cups of chicken stock or broth
1 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
3 tbsp unsalted butter
salt and black pepper to taste
1 tsp fresh lemon zest


Directions:

Combine rice and chicken stock into a casserole dish or dutch oven. Give it a stir. Cover and place into a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes, or until the majority or the liquid is absorbed.

Remove from oven and stir in cheese, butter, salt and pepper, lemon zest, until combined.

Viola!!

Feel free to omit the lemon and add peas, mushrooms, asparagus....what ever your heart desires!!

1 comment:

  1. Can this be any easier?????? Thank you!!!
    Thank you!!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete