Thursday, January 27, 2011

Chocolate Sauce for dessert

"Forget love, I'd rather fall into chocolate" -unknown

I recently was asked by a local magazine to write a monthly cooking page.  Since it was for the month of February I decided to focus on Valentine's Day.  It is one of my favorite what I will call "Sub-Holiday" .  Not really a holiday, but not just an ordinary calendar day either.  Just like my Italian mama, I communicate my love to the people in my life through my cooking.  For my husband on Valentine's Day I can't think of a better way to say you are so special and important to me than to take the time and bake a favorite dessert of his. They do say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach!!

My family and friends know me, baking is not a specialty or favorite of mine because it calls for measurements and preciseness which is not my forte. With this being said, I do have a few good desserts I enjoy making from time to time.  Here I am sharing my recipe for Chocolate Sauce. Basically a fondue for anything you like to dip into chocolate.  My favorites dippers are strawberries, cake, banana's....use your imagination it could make for a very romantic Valentines evening!!!



Ingredients

1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (Ghirardelli brand  is my favorite)
1 cup semi sweet or dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup of heavy cream

Directions

Combine the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl, micro on medium power for two minutes.
Continue to microwave in 30 second intervals and stirring until chocolate is melted.  Once the chocolate is completely melted add the heavy cream a little bit at a time to the melted chocolate mixture, stirring each time.  Continue to stir until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment