Sunday, February 23, 2014

Grilled Pork Ribs with homemade sauce

I never had ribs growing up, we ate mostly Italian food so I had to teach myself how to cook ribs.  Ribs are one of my husbands favorite things I make for him.  We buy locally pasture raised pork ribs from Mills farms. I don't care for any bottled style sauce, mostly because of the hickory smoke flavor. I have honed in on my own rib sauce recipe which lends to a sweeter rib.




Ingredients


1 cup Ketchup (my shortcut buy the one without High fructose corn syrup)
1/4 cup honey
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire  sauce
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 cup of water
Rack of Pork Ribs




Instructions


I start with boiling the ribs. Place ribs in a large pot cover the ribs with water, sometimes I throw bottle of beer in the water too. Bring ribs to a boil and boil covered for 15 minutes.  While the ribs are cooking I assemble and cook my sauce.  In a sauce pan combine ketchup, honey, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, garlic powder, and water. Chop your onions and add those as well.  Stir to combine.  Bring sauce to a boil reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Stir often.


Remove ribs from water place on grill and slather with sauce on both sides and cook ribs on each side about 10 minutes.

Cut ribs, serve and enjoy!
🇮🇹Lucia 


No comments:

Post a Comment